Ruth Duckworth (a Healing on the Streets team member), writes a story from 6th June:
I had just started giving leaflets out when I saw a woman that caught my eye. She was wandering up and down. As I went to approach her she went away, so I thought I would leave her. Then she sat down on the bench near me. I felt this was my opportunity, so I went over to her and asked if she wanted a flyer. She was quite short with me and so I walked away a little bit. I really felt God saying to me 'You need to talk to her', so I prayed in the distance and seconds later she looked up and apologised for being so hostile and asked for a flyer. I asked if I could sit next to her. It turned out that she was doing daytime Alpha at Trinity but she was finding it quite hard. This was because she thought all Christians were hypocrites; she had had bad experiences in the past. I listened to her for a bit and I just said to her, "Ultimately Jesus loves you and wants you to receive that love". I then offered to pray for her and I prayed for Gods peace to be a upon her and God to feel so real to her. I also prayed for her husband who is a Muslim and who currently doesn't have a job.
Afterwards I found out that she had gone to completely the wrong bank as she was meant to be meeting someone there. She said to me, "Looks like God had a plan in us meeting today". Go God!!!! It's so very exciting!
Just last week I was chatting to Hils Grew and she said to me that she had spoken to that lady and the lady had shared with Hils what happened. She said that she was feeling she was in a really low place that day and that someone came up to her and chatted to her and prayed for her. She said that after these prayers she felt like something had been lifted from her and she just knew God was in it. Also Hils said that the lady came to church last week for the first time. She said just before the service that she was expecting all her deepest fears would be realised in the servive. She stepped into the service and afterwards she said she felt something different to what she expected. She said she felt such a sense of love and saw the love people had for each other and for her.
Praise God for stroies like this! Let's continue to share His goodness with the people of Cheltenham who He loves so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment