Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Healing at the Racecourse 19th September 2010

Good Morning All!

What a super morning we had on Sunday at Cheltenham racecourse with all the car-booters. Jo and Roger are so faithful in their arriving each time so early - 6am this time - but even then I'm told there are people there ready to buy. So, by the time I get to the racecourse, something has always already happened and this time, when I got there, Roger was deep in conversation with a gentleman.

During the course of the morning we prayed for a team member who hadn't been sleeping well - I had a text yesterday to say she'd had a really good night's sleep - praise God! We also prayed for some direction for a team member and prayed by proxy for someone's heart.

The relationships we've made with regulars over the months continue to grow. Somebody who has never asked for prayer said that when we weren't in her area she missed us. Someone else asked us to pray for a family member with a nasty infection. As these relationships continue to develop, we are able to demonstrate the power and love of God to people around us who wouldn't usually consider God on a Sunday morning, or any other day of the week.

Towards the end of the morning a lady came and sat under our awning. I'm not sure if she had realised we were there offering prayer for healing but she needed to sit down and we welcomed her. It transpired that she had an arthritic knee and we told her about previous times the Lord had healed arthritis. She didn't want prayer, but she was happy to listen and we blessed her as she left. As she got up she said she felt a lot better. God is good!

So, we wait with anticipation for what God is going to do next. I'm sure it'll surpass all our expectations.

God bless you

Alison

No comments: