Monday, 4 January 2010

STREET MINISTRY MEMBERS - read these words...

Dear all,
 
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a relaxing and really great Christmas and break.
 
During this time, God has captured and consumed me with his beauty and plans anew. I am writing to share some of the things our loving dad is saying about our work on the streets. 
 
I felt very strongly that God wanted me to refresh myself on what he has already said of all our street ministry. He has told us that what we have started will be completed. This is not a season or a wave, or a year of anything- we are on a road that will just go on to greater and greater things. So, God is helping us to apply this truth everywhere, including street teams.
 
To focus on street teams; here is the verse that God gave to me early on, it is my maxim for street teams-
'Love never gives up and endures through every circumstance' 
 
Now I do have a massive heart for standing beside the broken, to love without condition, and to provide practical help. I also know that a big part of faithfulness is acting before we see fruit. However, continuing to go onto the streets whatever happens is only a tiny part of 'not giving up'. It's primarily about expecting and working for change when everything around seems to contradict it. (sorry, please be assured I'm preaching to myself as well) Street Teams is a deliverance ministry. God has given me this scripture from Jeremiah 17:7:-
'But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence' I believe God wants to grow our hope and confidence in what he wants to do for our friends on the streets, and he's given me some insight into his provision for this:-

-feeding our minds on God's power to turn things around (I'm really excited that the speaker coming in a couple of weeks is an ex-addict- Team Friday, another e-mail to follow!)
-Name our obstacles- be honest with God and each other about what we don't/struggle to believe and be open to God's pruning.
- being so captured by God's heart and his tears for the people we minister to that it's impossible not to bring about the impossible.
- God wants to give us more dreams and visions of victory.
 
Wow! I don't want to be satisfied with unchanged lives and I'm desperate for the completion of what has started- please increase this Lord God.
 
Before I sign off, I want to prophesy some words over us. We only sang this song twice I think. It was over a year ago, but I have never forgotten it. I only remember a bit, but it says it all!
 
'(...) no heart too far away
We turn, our eyes towards your face,
God is living,
God is healing,
You're moving and you're making all things new.
Always loving, always giving,
We put our faith and all our trust in you,
To see what God can do'
 
Woo- hoo, come Lord Jesus!
Heather.

No comments: