Last week's Healing on the Streets seemed very different from previous weeks. We handed out lots of fliers and people seemed interested but it did seem to be quite 'slow' as most did not come to sit with us for prayer. However, I know that God was doing so much while we were out there......there are a couple of amazing stories, despite the fact that it felt 'slow'.
One story was of a gentleman who first approached a female member of the team. He seemed to be very angry and would not let the team member speak at all. Soon he moved on, but we prayed loads for him. He then began to speak to a male member of the team, who graciously and lovingly listened to all he had to say. As this man recognised that he was being listened to and not ignored he began to change quite dramatically. The anger went from him and he began to really feel accepted and loved. I would imagine that this man has been ignored and rejected most of his life, and the team were able to demonstrate acceptance and love as we know Jesus would've done. Ruth Duckworth, a member of the team that day writes:
'It was amazing to see this change, he softened as he spoke to various members of the team and as the rest of the team prayed for him. By the time he left he had softened so much, he was laughing and joking and shaking hands, he had had an encounter with God's love and had experienced Love and acceptance, maybe for the first time.'
She concludes:
'I'm so excited about Healing on the Streets! I just know its going to get better and better, as week in week out we claim back the high street for God! We are going to see God move, more signs, wonders, healing and his kingdom breaking through!'
With this in mind, we started to see this happen when we prayed for a person who came to us with MS. She had come in to town especially for Healing on the Streets. When she arrived in her wheelchair she was really shaking, not due to the cold but due to the effects of the MS. As we prayed God's presence came and she really knew she was loved. Nothing happened immediately. As she was leaving she got a team member's attention. She was amazed and said, 'Look! My shaking has stopped!'. It was incredible. She had been shaking uncontrollably before and now it had stopped. We prayed for her again, and she went on her way.
Over the next week I had reports from a member of the church who regularly visits this lady. She was able to get out of her wheelchair and walk around the house with the help of her zimmer-frame. She was even able to sweep her floors. This she has not been able to do in so long. She was greatly encouraged. This week, she said that she has had a 'bad' week. I can't explain what has happened here, I only know that I want to pray for her more......however, for the first time I know that this lady has hope. The latest report from the church member reads:
'She's coming to Trinity this Sunday at 11.15am. She asked me why this happened and I don't know if I'm right but I said that God was giving a sign to her and to us that He's alive and His power is with us. She said that she believes this to be true now.'
Let's continue to pray for this lady. She is so precious to God and so loved by Him. We must pray that this horrible disease leaves her body completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment