Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Encouragements from H.O.T.S. on 17th January

This Saturday marked a real turning point for the HOTS team. We all met together in Trinity House at the usual 9.00am and we began to worship. The Holy Spirit came powerfully as we pressed in. The Lord gave me a picture of a cloud of Hid presence above us, it also surrounded us. This cloud did not cast a shadow though, from it came pure unquenchable light and it made the normal daylight look like shadow in comparison. I saw that this picture was of us on the streets. The Lord then spoke to me. He said, 'Chris, today I will overshadow the team with my presence.' He then reminded me of the scripture from Psalm 91, 'He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High , will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.'

With this in mind, we went out greatly encouraged, but the enemy wanted to fight back. The first hour was so hard. We got lots of rejections, and some unnecessarily harsh rejections. This was all thrown at us to discourage us, but I kept saying to the team, we need to be stubborn and persistent. When Pete began to lead worship on the streets, the atmosphere changed. We then began to pray for loads of people. We prayed for so many people that I actually lost count. We prayed for someone with cancer, one person who was in a wheelchair, one person who had severe pain in their femur and many more. I pray that the Lord would heal these precious people.

I really feel that we are starting to see breakthrough on the Streets. We've got to continue to be stubborn and not give ground to the enemy any more. The light of the Lord is shining in the darkness and remember the verses from John 1, 'The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it.'

No comments: